Commonwealth Medical Fellowships will enable the Doctors from middle-income countries including Pakistan to enhance their clinical skills. These Medical Fellowships will also enable talented and motivated individuals to gain the knowledge and skills that are required for sustainable development.
Also See: Fulbright Scholarship for Pakistani Students 2020-21
The duration of the Medical Fellowship is 4-6 months at any approved UK University Hospital.
Below is the detailed criteria and procedure to apply:
Eligibility CriteriaCandidates must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be a permanent resident of Pakistan.
- Must have an academic appointment in Pakistan at one of the Medical Schools recognized by World Directory of Medical School (Click Here to see the List).
- Be employed by the hospital affiliated to the Medical School where you have an academic appointment.
- Must have qualified at a Medical School recognized by World Director of Medical School.
- Must have qualified as a Doctor on or before 1 October 2005 from one of the Medical School recognized by World Director of Medical School.
- Must have appeared in IELTS with a minimum score of 7.0 in each testing area and an overall score of 7.5 within 2 months of being notified that you are provisionally selected.
- Must have verified Medical qualification independently by Education of Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates for GMC within 2 months (31st August 2020) of being notified that you are provisionally selected (Click Here to Verify Medical Qualification).
Note: Candidates must be available to start the Fellowship in the UK in October - December 2020.
What the Scholarship will cover?The Commonwealth fellowship will cover the following:
- Research support grant
- Stipend at a rate of £1,696 per month, or £2,104 per month for those at university hospitals in the London metropolitan area.
- Reimbursement of the fee for IELTS (only for one time) and the fee for GMC registration.
- Warm clothing allowance
- Study travel grant
- For widow, divorced, or a single parent, child allowance will also be given if they are living with you.
Selection CriteriaCandidates will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Academic Merit
- Development Impact
- Quality of Proposal
Applying ProcedureCandidates can apply online from the link given below. Signup for a new account. After signing in to your account, fill the required details carefully and attach the required documents.
Apply Online (Click Here)
Click Here to read Detailed Terms and Conditions
Last Date to Apply: 23rd March 2020
Last Date (to submit supporting documents): 14th April 2020