Applications are now open for the Fulbright Scholarship for the programs commencing in 2021. Fulbright Scholarship is the prestigious fully-funded Scholarship which is being offered by the United States Department of States for the Pakistani Students. In Pakistan, the United States Education Program looks after the process of Fulbright Scholarship. The major goal pf Fulbright Scholarship is to promote mutual understanding between the people of Pakistan and the United States. The selected students will have to serve a residency requirement for a minimum of two years.
The Fulbright Scholarship is available for both the Masters and PhD Program.
Following are the eligible disciplines in which the candidates can apply for Masters and PhD Programs:
- All disciplines are eligible except for clinical medicine.
- Students studying energy, water, agriculture, public health, education, social sciences, journalism and mass communication, arts and culture management including heritage conservation and museum studies, urban and regional planning, environmental science/studies, security/peace studies, and data science disciplines are strongly encouraged to apply.
Note: MBBS students can apply for a research-focused field such as Public Health. Candidates applying in the Public Policy / Administration / MBA Program should have 2 years of work experience.
Eligibility CriteriaGeneral Criteria
Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Citizens of Pakistan residing and working and in Pakistan.
- Have strong academic background
- Must have appeared in GRE with a minimum score of 300 in each section (according to the old scoring scheme) with a higher score on the section most applicable to your field. According to the new scoring scheme, a minimum score of 138 in the verbal and 136 in the quantitative sections is required.
Note: Result awaiting students are eligible to apply, only in case if they will provide the final transcript by December 2020.
Minimum 16 years of education from HEC recognized University.
Minimum 18 years of education from HEC recognized University.
Total ScholarshipsThe total number of scholarships for both Masters and PhD Programs is 150.
What the Scholarship will Cover?The Scholarship is Fully Funded and will cover the following:
- Full Tuition Fee
- Living Stipend
- Health Insurance
- Visa Fee
- A Computer and Settling-in allowance
Documents Required during the Application1) Three reference letters
2) GRE score report
3) Scanned transcripts, including an explanation of the grading scale of the university issuing the degree.
4) Resume / CV
Note: HEC attested documents are preferable with the application but degree and transcripts attested by the issuing authority will be accepted at the time of application.
Application ProcedureCandidates can apply online from the link given below. Sign up for a new account, and you will receive an email to verify your account. Once you have verified your account, log in to fill the details carefully, and at the end upload the required documents in the application form.
Apply Online (Click Here)
Letter of Reference (Download)
Note: Women, people with disabilities and individuals from FATA, AJK, Gilgit Baltistan, Baluchistan, Sindh, and Southern Punjab are highly encouraged to apply.
Last Date to Apply: 12th May 2020