Applications are open for the fully funded Sister2Sister Exchange Program in USA 2021. Sister to Sister Exchange Program encourages female students from low to middle-income backgrounds who are currently studying in a Pakistani college or university to apply for the program. The students will have an opportunity to explore additional career pathways by studying at top US universities.
The Program is funded by the U.S. Department of State and administered by a consortium of partners, including American University, iEARN-USA, and Society for International Education.
The program will work towards in developing mentorship programs and connecting young Pakistani women to academic and professional networks for educational and career advancement.
Fields of Interest
- Science and Technology
- Engineering (Electrical, Computer, Software, Mechanical, Civil, etc)
- Data Sciences
- Climate Change and Sustainability
- International Affairs
- Gender Studies
Eligibility CriteriaCandidates should meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Must be a Female Pakistani Citizen.
- Must be 18-24 years old on 1st June 2021 (Born between 1st June 1997 - 1st June 2003).
- Must be enrolled in the Bachelors Program (1st year, 2nd year, or 3rd year or 4th year in case of Medicine) in a University / College.
- Should have a least 70% marks in the previous 3 academic years.
- Should have strong leadership qualities and potential in University and Community activities.
- Should have a serious interest in learning about the USA.
- Must be proficient in English Language (TOEFL is not required at this stage)
- Should have a high level of academic achievement, as indicated in grades, awards, and reference letters.
Note: Students from diverse backgrounds, especially those students who have not previously had an opportunity to travel internationally are encouraged to apply.
Ineligibility CriteriaFollowing candidates are ineligible to apply for the program:
- Candidates holding Dual nationality (US and Pakistani) or US permanent residence
- Those whose parents, spouse, or fiance is a US citizen or permanent US resident
- Currently enrolled in the final year of the University
- Have traveled to the US or participated in any US Program.
Program CoverageThe exchange program covers the following:
- Full Tuition Fee
- Travel cost to and from the US
- Health Insurance
- Accommodation and Food
- Visa Fee
Application ProcedureInterested candidates can apply online through the link given below. Create a new account first and verify your newly created account through email. Login to your account to fill the form. Fill the form carefully and upload the required documents.
Last Date to Apply: 31st January 2021