Are you suffering from Depression? Here are the Seven ways to Cope with Depression.
What is Depression?Depression is a long-standing mood disorder that makes the person feels sad, irritable or empty.
According to the World Health Organization, "During depression, there is a low mood, loss of interest, and reduced energy that produces a decrease in activity, all for a minimum of two weeks."
Many people also suffer from the symptoms of depression including anxiety, sleep, appetite disorders, social withdrawal, guilt, and anger.
According to the report published by the World Health Organization (WHO), more than 300 million people all over the World suffer from depression. Women are affected more by depression than men.
Depression is nothing less than slow poison; hence we should make sure to take corrective measures in order to fight with depression.
Here are the ways to fight with depression:
1) Positive your ThoughtsDuring depression, you have all the negative thoughts about yourself, the people around you, your life: you are a complete failure, you are stupid, no one appreciates you. Don't try to see everything pink because it is not about changing a distorted vision for another, what is involved is that you think about yourself playing clean with yourself and with realism. You are not stupid, you are not a complete failure and of course, there is a hope and future for you.
Once you have identified your negative thoughts, you must learn to replace them with other thoughts that are realistic, logical and positive.
"Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you'll start having positive results." Willie Nelson
2) Focus on ExercisingExercise is the best medicine. It helps to make your mind fresh and happy and you will feel energized. It also helps to rebuild your personality and brings a positive attitude towards life.
3) Face your fears and accept the challengeIf you have a fear of going into the river, learn to swim. If you have a fear of heights, learn how to do skydiving. Facing fears and challenging yourself will make your mind active and energized.
4) Socialize and Engage in Public ActivitiesSocializing and engaging in public activities is the best way to keep the feeling of loneliness at bay. Do participate in public events and games which makes you fresh, and gives you a chance to socialize with like-minded people. Tell yourself that you love yourself and everything would be fine.
5) Spend time with your best friendThere are many instances in life which are better resolved with the help of a mate. So as this depression, a depressed person feels more comfortable when their closet friends are around them. A few people report feeling more joyful in the wake of going shopping, doing tasks or diverting themselves from the wellspring of their awful mindset. This idea of doing things will bring temporary happiness to the depressed person.
6) Read Books or Watch Favorite TV ShowStudies have shown that having vicarious encounters through others (which occurs with both perusing and observing surely understood characters on a most loved TV appear) can make you feel happier.
7) Get Enough SleepThere is a close connection between sleep and mood. Insufficient sleep may trigger irritability and stress, while good sleep may improve well-being. Studies have shown that even partial deprivation of sleep affects mood significantly.
Your sleep quality has a direct impact on the quality of your waking life, including mental sharpness, productivity, emotional balance, creativity, physical vitality, and even weight. So, aim for between 7.5 and 9 hours of sleep per night.
These are only small tips so that you can be yourself without disappointed with the past. Remember, the past remains the past tough present holds the future. Work towards your future goals rather than cribbing and losing on past events.