Pakistan Medical and Dental Council (PMDC) has stopped 6 Medical and Dental Colleges for admitting students for the session 2018-19.
PMDC has said that the admissions in these colleges are stopped due to being critically deficient in faculty and other facilities.
Also See: How to Prepare for UHS Entry Test
This decision has created confusion among the students and to the administration of the colleges as the admission process is going to start in the coming month. Out of the six colleges, two are from Punjab, one from KPK and three from Sindh Province.
PMDC has advised the students and the parents to confirm the status of Medical / Dental college before seeking admission. Students shall not be registered by the Council if they will take admission in unregistered Medical / Dental Institute.
The 6 Medical and Dental Colleges that have been barred from further intake are as follows:
- FMH College of Medicine & Dentistry, Lahore
- HITEC Institute of Medical Sciences, Taxila
- Kabir Medical College, Peshawar
- Baqai Dental College Karachi
- Altamash Institute of Dental Medicine, Karachi
- Dr.Ishratul Ebad Institute of Oral Health Sciences Karachi
FMH College of Medicine and Dentistry, Lahore has been removed from the list of barred Institutes.