Join Pakistan Air Force (PAF) as an Officer
Eligibility CriteriaFollowing is the eligibility criteria as laid down by Pakistan Air Force:-
a. Qualification / Age
|JOIN PAF AFTER FSC / A LEVELS|
|Category of Selection||Qualification||Age|
|General Duty (Pilot)
(Male / Female)
|At least 60% marks in aggregate in any
one of the following disciplines:
-FSc (Pre-Engg / Pre-Medical / ICS)
-‘A’ Level with Physics and Maths, or Biology
-FSc with Physics and any two subjects i.e
Maths, Statistics, Comp Sc and Biology
|16-22 as on
18th Oct 2020
(Male / Female)
|Matric (1st Division) and FSc with 65% marks
in aggregate in any one of the following
-Pre-Engg with chemistry as a subject
-‘A’ Level with Physics, Maths, and Chemistry
Note: Candidates appearing in FSc Part-II / A levels exams can apply on the basis of FSc Part-I (Min 65% marks) / O levels.
b. Marital Status
Male - Unmarried
Female - Unmarried
Citizens of Pakistan
d. Physical Standards
Male Candidates - 5’ - 4” (163 cm)
Female Candidates - 5' - 4'' (163cm)
For GD Pilot vision should be 6/6.
- A candidate with specific higher qualification, who is rejected once by ISSB for PMA / Graduate Course or equivalent Naval / PAF Courses and once rejected for specific higher qualification entry, will not be eligible for third chance.
- Candidates tested within four months (120 days) gap of previous appearance (for Not Recommended candidates).
- Candidates tested within one year validity period (as validity of ISSB / GHQ / AHQ selection board stands for one year).
- Candidates declared unfit by Army Forces hospital (CMB / CMH) except those cleared by Appeal Medical Board (AMB). The candidates declared unfit by CMB / CMH are to remain ineligible until they are declared fit by Appeal Medical Board.
- Candidates permanently declared unfit by Appeal Medical Board.
- Candidates declared medically unfit due to Hepatitis B and C (AMB cannot be requested).
- Candidates dismissed / removed / debarred from Government Services including Armed Forces.
- Candidates withdrawn from any bonded Armed Forces college / institution on disciplinary grounds.
- Candidates withdrawn from any Academy / Training Institution of Armed Forces on any ground.
- Candidates convicted in a Court of Law for an offence involving moral turpitude.
- Candidates who will temper his / her original academic certificates, conceal or give wrong information to gain undue advantage, his candidature will be cancelled and declared permanently ineligible for all types of commissions in Armed forces.
- Thrice screened out by Army / Navy / Air Force in any Preliminary Tests.
Also Read: How to Join Pak Army as a Doctor
Registration and Selection Procedure
Registrations are closed!
Last Date to Apply: 08th March 2020
Candidates can register on the website Join Pakistan Air Force. Date and time of test shall be intimated on the internet, for which the candidates should have an e-mail account. Candidates will have to report on exact date and time as mentioned on their slips. Candidates will also bring required documents.
Registration at PAF I&S Centres
Candidates may report at nearest PAF I&S Centres for registration / allotment of roll no along with necessary documents.
Intelligence Test followed by Academic Test in the following subjects through e-testing:
GD Pilot / Air Defence / Admin and Special Duties / Logistics: Intelligence, English and Physics
Aeronautical Engineering: Intelligence, English, Physics, and Maths
Initial Medical and Interview Tests
Candidates will undergo initial medical examination at PAF I&S Centres.
Shortlisted candidates will receive call letters from ISSB for ISSB test.
Final Medical Examination
Candidates will undergo final medical examination at CMB, Lahore.
Final selection will be made at AHQ on the basis of candidates overall performance.
Note: Flying Aptitude test (For GD Pilot) will be taken.
General Duty (Pilot) / Air Defence
3 years training at PAF Academy Risalpur leading to the award of BS in Aviation Sciences and Management from Air University, Islamabad.
3 years training at College of Aeronautical Engineering (CAE), leading to the award of B.Sc Engineering from NUST.